Sunday, August 9

Insensitive President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo

I thought I will write about Tita Cory's death just once here in my blog. I've already said my goodbye to her. Not until I read a news related to that in Yahoo! It's about this little president of ours having dinner with her entourage at Le Cirque in New York and lavishly spending a whooping US$20,000! after their meeting with US Pres. Barack Obama. My, oh my... when most of my countrymen are within or below poverty line? And when the whole nation is mourning at the passing of Tita Cory? When the people are patiently lining at the street to get just get a glimpse of Tita Cory's body for hours without breakfast or lunch or dinner yet? There they are... feasting themselves at a posh New York restaurant. What a nice way to symphatize with the dead. Even if the Philippine government is not footing the bill, still, the picture it paints in the minds of the Filipinos is really ugly. Excessive and insensitive...

No comments: